Crispy Matar Dalia
Crispy Matar DaliaServes: 2-3 › Ready in:20-25min .
Perfect recipe to start with in the breakfast, can also be taken as a meal. Full with fibre and the minerals and vitamins of veggies plus the aroma of spices makes it wonderful to have with chutney.
1 cup Dalia (broken wheat) - Soaked in water for 1 hour or more
½ cup shelled peas
½ cup carrot
1 green chili chopped
½ cup potato-Peeled & cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp jeera
4-5 black peppercorns crushed
½ teaspoon ginger paste
1 (bay leaf)
¼ tsp elaichi powder
¼ tsp haldi
1/4tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
2tbsp chopped coriander
¼ tsp garam masala
1. Wash and soak dalia in enough water for about an hour or more.
2. Heat 2tbsp oil in non- stick kadhai or a pan. Add 1/2 tsp jeera and ginger paste. Let it turn golden.
3. Add crushed black pepper, bay leaf & elaichi powder together
4. Add haldi, salt & red chilli powder ,Mix.
5. Add potatoes & stir fry for 1 min. (optional)
6. Add peas, carrot & green chili. Sauté the vegetables for 1 min. on low flame.
7. Drain the dalia through a fine strainer and add to the vegetables. Stir fry for 2 min.
8. Cover tightly and cook further for 5 min. stirring occasionally. Cook till potatoes and peas turn soft.
9. Remove from fire. Mix in the lemon juice, coriander and garam masala. Serve hot with chutney.
Per Serving: 188.3kcalories, 3.9g total fat, 33.8g carbohydrates, 1.4g dietary fiber, 4.2g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.