Gond Ki Panjiri
Gond Ki PanjiriServes: 20 Pieces › Preparation time:50min › Cooking time: 30-35mins.
Above recipe is rich in essential fatty acids and most important is gond(edible gum) which provides strength to the backbone of the mother and also provide strength to the body as the body becomes very weak after delivery. Ghee is important because it contains fat soluble Vitamins A, D and E. Lotus seed are cooling in nature, and melon seeds are powerhouse of various nutrients. And addition of whole wheat flour makes it fibre rich. So, this panjiri should and must be given to every mother after normal delivery.
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup ghee
1/2 cup gond (edible gum)
1/4 cup melon seeds
3/4 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup makhana
1 teaspoon ajwain powder
1 teaspoon sauth powder (dry ginger powder)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Break Gond into small pieces.
2. Cut makhana also into small pieces.
3. Wash and drainthe melon seeds
4. Dry roast the melon seeds on medium heat in a pan.Avoid over cooking.
5. Also roast the makhana on medium heat until they become crunchy.Keep them aside.
6. Stir fry the gond in ghee until they puff up like popcorn.
7. Roast the wheat flour to golden brown with ghee.
8. Add the ground almonds, ajwain and ginger powder to the roasted flour and roast for another 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Add all the remaining ingredients: Gond, melon seeds, and makhana. With flour mixture. Mix it well and roast for another minute.
10. Remove from the heat and keep the mixture aside.
11. Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir continuously to dissolve the sugar. Let it simmer until the syrup is about half thread.
12. Mix the flour mixture with syrup and pour it over a greased plate quickly before the mixture dries
13. After the panjiri dries cut it into pieces.
Per Serving: 78kcalories, 3.9g total fat, 21.5g carbohydrates, 2.34g dietary fiber, 2.04g protein, 17.55mg calcium, 0.52mgiron.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.