Gulkand ThandaiServes: 5 › Ready in:30min .
An excellent drink to hang out in summers and not only quenches thirst but provides from sunstroke also.
Cow milk powder – 100 gm
Almonds – 15 pcs
Cashewnuts – 15 pcs
Green Cardamom - 4-5 in no
Gulkand - 4 tablespoons
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Peppercorns – 6 in no
Water – 1 litre
1. Mix cow milk powder in 1 litre of water and boil with saffron, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
2. Soak almonds and cashew nuts for about two hours.
3. Peel almonds and grind with pepper corns and some milk to make a fine paste.
4. Now add this paste to the boiling milk and continue boiling on low flame for about 10 minutes.
5. Allow this milk to cool down and refrigerate to chill as desired.
6. Now add gulkand to this cold milk and blend in mixer.
7. Serve chilled.
Almonds are a good source of Vitamin E and cashew contain monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), essential minerals and vitamins thus improves good cholesterol and lowers the bad one.
Gulkand is having cooling properties and provides relief to nervous system and also helpful in improving fatigue and acidity. And addition of cinnamon, peppercorn and cardamom makes it more digestible.
Per Serving: 120.6kcalories, 4.2g total fat, 11.5g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 9.25g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.