Healthy Low Calorie Idlis
Healthy Low Calorie IdlisServes: 22 Idlis › Ready in:30min .
An excellent low calorie, zero fat snack full of proteins, minerals and vitamins best for diabetics, obese and moong and urad daal serves as an antioxidant also. Can be served with sambhar or coconut chutney.
1 cup moong dal (split and green)
1/4 cup carrot (grated)
1/4 cup cabbage (grated)
1/4 cup urad dal (split and white)
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
Salt to taste
1/2 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tbsp finely coriander (chopped)
1. Combine the green moong dal, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a bowl and soak in enough water for 2 hours.
2. Blend the moong dal, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a mixer along with approx. 1 cup of water till smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep it for fermenting for atleast 4 hours.
4. Once fermented, add the ginger, green chilli paste and coriander and mix.
5. Pour spoonful of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 12 minutes.
6. Serve hot idlis with sambhar.
Per Serving: 20.6kcalories, 00.06g total fat, 3.6g carbohydrates, 0.05g dietary fiber, 1.5g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.