Spicy Soya With Chana
Spicy Soya With ChanaServes: 4 › Prepration time: 15min › Cooking time: 20min › Ready in: 35min.
This protein and fibre power snack recipe fulfills the need of daily requirement of an individual protein intake. Soyabean is the highest source of protein for a vegetarian after pulses and legumes and a diabetic most important need among nutrients. And kabulichana too is high in protein and fibre which makes this recipe even more interesting with Indian herbs and spices which makes it more appetizing and tasty.
1 cup soaked kabuli chana
1/2 cup soya nuggets
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp jeera
1 tsp adarak-lehsun paste
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp red chilli powder
1½ tsp dhaniya powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp basil(dry)
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Soak the soya nuggets in warm water for 10 minutes, drain well and keep aside.
2. Combine the soya nuggets, kabulichana, turmeric powder, salt and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3. Keep aside and do not drain the water.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
5. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and saunth for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the cooked kabulichana-soya nugget mixture along with the water they were cooked in and a little salt, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Per Serving: 155kcalories, 5.6g total fat, 17.9g carbohydrates, 8.9g dietary fiber, 8.3g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.