Spinach and Oat Quesadillas recipe
The Spinach &Oat QuesadillasPrep:40min
About the Recipe: This recipe is a twist to the classic Mexican dish that are made with pan toasted tortillas filled with cheese and a variety of the other fillings
6 homemade whole wheat flour tortilla
1 cup grated cheese, either Monterey Jack or sharp Cheddar cheese
1 Packet Masala Oats
500 grams of spinach, finely chopped
Sunflower oil for toasting the tortillas
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the spinach and the masala oats until cooked and the moisture is vaporized
2. The oats gets cooked and softened in the water released from the spinach; hence no additional water is required to cook it. Stir in the salt and pepper to taste
3. Spread softened melted butter over the top part of the tortillas. Place the tortillas on the heated pan with the buttered side down. You could optionally put more butter on the other side
4. Press down on the tortilla for a few seconds, allowing the cheese to melt inside.
5. Flip the quesadilla to toast on the other side until golden spots appear and the tortillas are lightly crisp
6. Serve with Spinach and Oat Quesadillas with lettuce, salsa, sour cream
Alternative Cooking Option in an Oven
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Follow the same steps as above from filling to folding. Place in a cookie sheet and bake in oven long enough for cheese to melt, about eight to 10 minutes, but do not dry out tortillas
2. Remove the Spinach and Oat Quesadillas from oven
3. Slice the quesadillas into thirds (about 3 pieces for each tortilla). Serve the Spinach and Oat Quesadillas hot along with lettuce, salsa, sour cream
Per Serving: 448.8kcalories, 14.23g total fat, 62.2g carbohydrates, 3.9g dietary fiber, 18.2g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.