Bharwa KareleServes: 4 › Ready in: 35-40min
Bitter gourd improves sugar levels and helps in the function of liver and pancreas. This summer enjoy stuffed bitter gourd with healthy spices.
500gm bitter gourds
3 to 4 tsp oil
100 gm Roasted Gram Flour
1 raw mango
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon Hing
½ teaspoon ginger paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1. Cut the bitter gourd into two halves and remove seeds from the center of gourd.
2. Boil the bitter gourd for ten minutes.
3. Make a powder by mixing fennel, raw mango and the seeds of the bitter gourd.
4. Fry this powder in about one spoon of oil and then mix the Roasted Besan.
5. Add mustard seeds, asafetida, turmeric, coriander powder and ginger paste
6. Take this mixture and stuff it inside the boiled karela. Tie the karela with thin threads and steam-cook them.
7. The steam-cooked bitter gourd is very good for diabetics and is highly recommended in lowering blood sugar levels.
Bitter gourd is very low in calories, helps in lowering blood sugar levels, removes toxins from the body and improves the function of liver.
Karela is pitta and kapha pacifying but sometimes can increase pitta because people with poor digestive system may face difficulty in digesting it.
Per Serving: 132.3kcalories, 40g total fat, 7.7g carbohydrates, 1.3g dietary fiber, 2.1g protein.
* We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.
* Refer to ‘SPECIFICATION’ tab on bottom of next page to know the recipe ingredients delivered to you.